Last Updated on
You may know that I’ve been on a journey this month with an absolutely amazing group of bloggers. There are 6 of us total and we’ve been bringing you a new treat each day this month in our ‘31 Days of Homemade Halloween‘ series. If you click on the banner at the top of this post, you’ll be taken to our Pinterest board where you can see all of our posts from the month.
I can’t believe that our series is quickly coming to a close (where DID this month go!??) so soon. BUT…we do still have a few treats up our sleeves for you.
Today, it’s my turn, and boy oh boy…
I believe that I’m typically a pretty humble person (at least I try to be), but I must say, I think I outdid myself on this one.
I wasn’t sure at first. The batter wasn’t at all what I expected and I thought this little recipe experiment was sure to fail.
Nope. It sure didn’t. In fact, these lovely little loaves turned out better than any other pumpkin bread I’ve ever had. Fo’ Realz!!!
It is flavorful, without being ‘overly pumpkin-ish’, it is incredibly light and fluffy, and there is a great crisp to the outside.
One part that DID fail was turning these into little mini donuts. You may have seen a post I did a while back about broccoli, cheese, & bacon donuts (those are pretty yummy, too). Well, this recipe didn’t turn out so well in that form. They did turn into adorable little muffins, but not donuts. They rose a lot, which is great for a good bread…not so much for a donut.
BUT…the mini loaves turned out beautifully.
Without further ado, I bring you the BEST pumpkin nut bread…ever.
- 2 large eggs (from happy hens)
- 1 C coconut sugar (THIS is my favorite)
- 1/2 C melted coconut oil (the only coconut oil I use…THIS)
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree (homemade, or like THIS)
- 1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour (THIS FLOUR is what makes the bread so fluffy and delish)
- 3/4 t baking powder (use corn- & aluminum-free)
- 3/4 t baking soda (like THIS)
- 1/2 t fine sea salt (like THIS)
- 1/4 t cinnamon and maybe a dash more, depending on how much you like cinnamon (cinnamon like THIS)
- 1/4 C sprouted sunflower seeds (like THIS…or sprouted seeds of your choice; the slight crunch is a nice addition)
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs; then add sugar and melted coconut oil.
- Add pumpkin puree, combine.
- Add everything else and mix well to combine.
- Your dough will be thick and gooey, but don’t freak out. That is how you want it.
- Spoon it into your mini loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-34 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on cooling rack and then enjoy!
Now, I know that someone will ask, so let me go ahead and say that…yes. Yes, you can make this in a regular old bread loaf pan. This recipe makes one loaf. You’ll want to bake one loaf for about 50-ish minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
You could also make muffins. This recipe would make about 12 regular sized muffins. These will need about 20-25 minutes or so (again, do the toothpick test).
Hooray for all yummy pumpkin goodies! Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy