Last Updated on
Yes, you did read the title correctly.
I’d like to introduce to you broccoli, cheese, and bacon…donuts.
Hey, why not!??
Donuts are fun…especially mini-donuts.
Don’t have a mini-donut pan!??
Oh my, you are reeeealllly missing out. Please, pick one up. They are quite affordable and you can make some super creations in them. You can (and really, really should) get a mini-donut pan HERE. They are so versatile! Replace mini-muffin pans with these for super fun snacks, breakfasts, and meals.
I thought of this idea while trying to get my toddler to eat more green veggies. I mean, who doesn’t like mini-donuts!? They are so cute, being all little bitty and whatnot. So, why not make them savory and add some green veggies in them for my little fellow? I had no reason not to, so that’s what I did here. I hope you enjoy.
Broccoli, Cheese, & Bacon Donuts
- 1/2 C broccoli, finely chopped (I used frozen organic broccoli and chopped it in my food processor)
- 3 strips cooked pastured bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 C finely shredded cheese (I used a raw goat milk mild cheddar cheese, but use what you like)
- 1/8 t garlic salt (like THIS)
- 1/8 t onion powder (like THIS)
- 1 pastured egg
- Optional- I added a dash of organic kelp granules and white pepper; obviously, just add in whatever spices you like
- You’ll need one mini-donut pan like THIS. I use mine all of the time. I’ve found that my toddler enjoys having small, fun mini-donuts (…and so do I).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix everything together in a stand mixer, with a hand mixer, or using some elbow grease with a spoon in a bowl.
- Scoop the mixture into your mini-donut pan. You’ll see in the pictures that I add in more filling than my pan suggests, making them slightly less “donut-like” in shape, but it just means more donut for me and the little toddler, so I’m okay with that.
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool on a cooking rack for a few minutes, then devour. My toddler likes them in organic, healthy ketchup (…me, too).
Ta-Da! You now have fun, savory, healthy mini-donuts.
Really, I think that these are a total home run…
- Broccoli– A superfood.
- Cheese– Umm, yum!
- Bacon– BACON!
- Mini-donuts– Uber fun.
Enjoy, friends! Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy
Don’t forget to check out my Pronounce Skincare Shop!