Last Updated on
I have much gratitude for what 2013 brought and loads of hope for what 2014 might bring.
Well, here we are, friends.
The last day of 2013. What a year! I have had so many changes, both personally and professionally, that still shock me when I think about them.
And you? How was your year? I hope that you accomplished many things you set out to do and you can look back and say, “Self…that was a pretty good year.”
If not, well…you are in luck, as a new year begins tomorrow.
I wanted to take some time to reflect on 2013 with you…my loyal readers.
Below you will find a few milestones for me and also my most popular blog posts of the year.
Milestones & Stats
- First blog post — January 26th, 2013. Yes, that was my first Scratch Mommy blog post…ever. …it wasn’t that great. Haha! It is simply an introduction to me.
- Number of blog posts in 2013 — 129. I’d like to increase that number in the new year by at least double.
- Blog Views — Since my first blog post in January until today, I have had 140,112 visits to my blog and 201,643 page views. Wow. Those numbers almost blow me over. No, they’re not massive in comparison to ‘big’ bloggers, but to me, those numbers are huge.
- Facebook — Joined in January, reached 3,500 ‘likes’ on November 14th, and as of right now I have 4,883 ‘likes’. The Scratch Mommy Facebook community is amazing. We have some great conversations over there. If you haven’t joined us, you are invited!
- Pronounce Skincare — I opened my Etsy shop June 2, 2013. Since that day I have received 323 sales. Of course, I also have my blog shop, so those numbers aren’t included. Yowzers!
What started as a hobby truly has turned into a legitimate business. I am grateful to many of YOU for the support you’ve shown me. I LOVE how many of you are demanding organic, healthy, *real* skincare solutions. UhMaaaZing!!!
- Want to see a full report? WordPress has a neat little end of year show set up for my blog. Click Here to take a look.
Top 5 Blog Posts Of The Year
Looking at the numbers, these are the top 5 posts viewed on my blog in 2013. Let’s count down, shall we?
Click the pictures to view the blog posts.
5. I hate meatloaf! …but, what about *REAL* food MEATBALLS?
These are a staple in my home so it’s great to see that others are enjoying them, too (this blog post was viewed 4,688 times in 2013). I make massive batches of these delicious little treats and freeze them. Speaking of, I need to make some more!
4. Non-Toxic Citrus Dusting Spray
Another one of my favorite DIY posts! I don’t really like to dust (hubs can attest to that), but when I do, this is my go-to. I love that it was so popular with many of you, too (this post was viewed 5,255 times in 2013).
3. Jojoba, Almond, & Coconut Oils – Gifts!
This blog post was part of a series I did regarding healthy skincare. I like that this post was popular with readers, as I tried to give an overview of a few of my favorite carrier oils, which are great to keep on hand for many DIY projects for home and body. This post was viewed a total of 5,359 times in 2013.
2. Bye, Bye Bugs (especially mosquitoes)!
With 7,017 views, this post comes in one position from the top. This makes me happy, because I also love this easy and effective non-toxic DIY bug spray.
1. Homemade Deodorant (with a secret ingredient…no baking soda).
This post, published on August 31 has received 28,975 views. Totally awesome!
Now, I gotta give a shout-out here to my blogging friend Pat, over at Heal Thyself! She has quite the following (including me!) and decided that my deodorant recipe would make a nice share for her loyal Facebook friends. Let’s just say that I realized that day I needed to upgrade my hosting services in order to handle large surges of traffic so my blog wouldn’t crash. Oops. But. it’s now done!
Not only has this post been viewed the most, it is also one of the most ordered things from Pronounce Skincare. A lot of people just don’t have time, money, or desire to put in the effort for DIY stuff…and that is a-okay! What is important is that they want non-toxic, healthy, *real* skincare solutions. So, in 2013 I have shipped out more of these little guys than anything else (butters, lotions, and Lip Lotions follow closely).
Soothing Tooshie Salve (works great for YOUR skin, too)!
Here is a great DIY post for new mommies…and you, too! This salve works as well on little tooshies as it does rough elbows, heels, and hands. Although it didn’t receive a ton of traffic (2,174), I have received many orders for this salve in skincare shop. If you are feeling DIYish in the new year, I encourage you to give it a try!
Crock Pot Chicken (the WHOLE chicken) & Healing Bone Stock!
Again, not a ton of views on this post (4,417 views), but a lot of interaction from readers. If you have not tried making your own whole chicken, then I want you to do it in 2014 and report back to me. Don’t forget to make your healing and delicious bone stock, too!
What Will 2014 Hold?
Well, that IS the question, isn’t it!??
One thing is certain…
I will be bringing you loads more DIY blog posts.
You have spoken…numbers don’t lie. You enjoy the DIY projects, which is great because I do, too!
Yes, I’ll still be bringing you delish *real* food recipes, but I want to focus more on achieving health from not only the inside out BUT ALSO the outside IN!
Pronounce Skincare Expansion!
Yup. I have a ton of things up my sleeves for you, friends. Being able to bring my healthy skincare creations into your homes has meant the world to me. Thank you. I have loads more things I want to bring your way.
Like what? Well, just a teaser…
One example…how would you like a sampler of the items before they are even in my shop? Ehhh? Try a few new products each month? Yessss??? Keep watching my blog for more details.
Finally, this is a sincere thank you.
What an incredible journey this has been. Going from FT university employee, to PhD student, to dropout PhD student, to SAHM, to blogger, to skincare shop owner, to FT WAHM…What A Year!
I feel privileged that you have allowed me into so many of your homes in so many ways. What an honor. I have enjoyed getting to know so many of you here on my blog, through Facebook, G+, Instagram (PS Did you check out the super fun challenge I have going on in January!???), my skincare shop, etc etc etc.
Thank you. I love getting to know you and share things with you…and love YOU sharing things with me.
Here’s to a fabulous 2014, friends.
Until next YEAR…