Welcome to spring! It’s near summer – our plants are blooming, we are itching for sandal season, and we’re almost clear of that terribly long cold and flu season. Help get yourself through the rest of the season with this delicious and refreshing immunity boosting juice.
The thing I love best about juices is that you can get such a bang for your buck, in more ways than one.
First, not only is juicing a great way to make use of whatever fruit is fresh and in season, it’s also the perfect way to use up those odds and ends that didn’t get used up as you had planned. Might as well use them up before they spoil, right?
Another great benefit is how portable juice is! Ever try walking around with a banana, apple, orange, celery, carrots, and some roasted beets? I actually have, and it’s not that much fun. And inevitably something gets bruised…or you lose an avocado and never quite figure out where it goes until about a month later when you find it under your car seat. Yikes! Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it’s the easiest way to get a punch of nutrients and vitamins without a lot of work. Just relax and sip.
For any of you with picky little ones, you’ll be able to appreciate how ideal juicing is.
You can get so many different fruits and vegetables into your children and they’ll actually enjoy drinking it! I am constantly presenting my choosy three year old with lots of fresh and healthy options but, being three, he usually turns up his nose at anything he thinks he doesn’t like. So while I continue to present those wonderful choices in their pure form, juices and smoothies are my best friend until he realizes that he actually does love celery. This immune boom juice got two thumbs up from my son.
This juice is a simple cocktail tailored to help give you a natural immunity boost.
Whether you’re feeling down, or you just want to keep those bugs away, this juice will help you out. With a bit of tartness, a bit of sweetness, and the lemon and ginger setting each other off just perfectly, you won’t even realize that what you’re drinking is full of vitamins and goodness.
The recipe is comprised of simple but powerful ingredients:
- Celery — an antioxidant that will give you a dose of vitamin K, folate, potassium, vitamin A, B vitamins, and vitamin C.
- One whole apple — giving you vitamin C, more B vitamins, and dietary fibre.
- One orange — an obvious vitamin C powerhouse, with the added benefit of vitamin A and B vitamins and half a lemon, with more vitamin C and this juice is bursting with immunity boosting properties.
- Raw ginger — to provide immense health benefits. Ginger is an ancient remedy in my culture, and is recognized to provide digestive relief, relief for respiratory issues, and is found to be therapeutic in cases of joint and muscle pain and even migraines.
Don’t wait until you’re sick to try this juice. It’s so delicious and easy that you can enjoy it anytime and anywhere!
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large apple (I used Fuji)
- 1 large navel orange (peeled)
- ½ large lemon
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- Put all ingredients into juicer.
- Enjoy as is or chilled, but make sure not to store your juice in the fridge for more than one day, as the longer you store it, the more nutrient loss will occur.