Last Updated on
I love giving gifts.
It is so nice to have the opportunity to think about what a loved one would like to receive. You know, what will make them ‘light up’ with joy?
For me, DIY gifts are always a go-to. Shocker, I know…hehe.
I whipped up A LOT of DIY gifts this holiday season. It was a blast!
Today I am sharing one of my holiday creations…a DIY salt soak and scrub that I whipped up for some friends and family members. I believe that they were well-received.
Not only does this smell UhMaaZing, it is also a luxurious way to spend a little bit of time to yourself after a long, hard day at work (either in the home, away from the home, or both…we all know that really…it’s all work).
Also, I know that I have had my fair share of SAD (Standard American Diet) food in the past couple of weeks, so the more detoxing that I can do the better off I’ll be. You, too? Ugh. I am ready to get back on track in this new year.
That is another reason why this beautiful soaking scrub rocks. It is a bit different than some other recipes floating around out there, in that it will soothe your tired and sore muscles, while also helping you to detox.
With only a few simple ingredients, which you likely already have on hand, it is incredibly easy to make.
The amounts below will make approximately 6oz of detoxing salt scrub and soak.
- Epsom Salt (like Pronounce Skincare epsom salt)
- Himalayan Pink Salt (like this Himalayan Salt)
- Almond Oil (like Pronounce Skincare certified organic almond oil, or another excellent quality carrier oil like any of THESE)
- Chamomile Flowers (like Pronounce Skincare certified organic chamomile flowers)
- Allergy Tea (like THIS)
- Detox Tea (like THIS)
- Vitamin E (like Pronounce Vitamin E)
- Essential Oils: Lavender, Sandalwood, Cedarwood (you can find all of these HERE)
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Container(s) for your new soaking scrub. You can grab jars affordably here.
- Pour epsom salt into your end product container to fill it almost completely, leaving about one inch at the top.
- Then, fill in that one remaining inch with your Himalayan pink salt. Do not tamp it down, as you will be putting other things in, so you actually do not want it completely full and tamped down.
- Now, dump your salts into your large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to your large bowl. The amounts below will create a 6oz jar, so adjust as needed to fit your jar…
- 1T almond oil (Yes, you can use more, if you like, but I do not like my salt scrubs and soaks to be as liquidy as my sugar scrubs…it’s totally up to you. I’d start with 1T and see how you like the texture)
- 1t of each tea (again, more or less to your liking)
- 1t vitamin E
- EOs: 5 drops lavender, 4 drops sandalwood, 3 drops cedarwood
- Mix everything together with your wooden spoon. Smell it. Do you like it? Check out the texture. Do you like it? Make adjustments as necessary.
- Scoop everything together and put into your end product container. Ta-da! Now, go take a bath and ENJOY your new skin softening, smoothing, and detoxing creation. …and enjoy gifting a couple, too.
Can I Leave Out Some Ingredients? Can I Substitute Some Ingredients?
Yes, my loves…of course! Get creative and have fun.
I am simply giving you my favorite recipe for the ultimate in not only providing silky smooth skin, but also for providing a great detoxing boost. BUT, yes…you can feel free to substitute any other teas &/or essential oils you enjoy.
I would, however, stick close to the ratios I have provided, as they have worked well for me. Also, you want to err on the side of caution with essential oils (less is often more). Just make sure you’ve researched the oils you’ll be using to make sure they will do what you want them to do. I do a lot of research HERE.
Get your tools and ingredients ready and you can be soaking in your tub in less than 15 minutes. Ahhhhhhhhh…
Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy
PS As with many DIY skincare recipes I offer to you on my blog, you can always make a custom request for this lovely product in my Pronounce Skincare & Herbal Boutique shop. If enough people request an item, it ends up in my shop.
I totally understand that some of you love the idea of DIY, but simply do not have the time, desire, or ability to purchase all necessary ingredients. That’s where I come in and gladly help you out. I LOVE making healthy, real skincare solutions for my family and yours.