It’s that time of the week…Take Time Thursday!
I think it’s important to take time to give thanks and show appreciation for fellow bloggers who have made an impact on me, and take time to share awesome knowledge with all of you. So, below are a few of my favorite posts from the past week. Enjoy!
Before we jump into a few of my favorite blog posts from the week I have one quick announcement…
Have You Been ‘Seeing Me’ On My Facebook Page…?
- I recently found out that you may see less than 15% of the posts I make each day on Facebook…in fact, it’s possibly closer to 12%! When Facebook changed it’s appearance a few months back, the algorithm for who sees what posts also changed. Unless you “like” a lot of my posts, comment on them, or share them, you probably see less than 15% of what I post.
- It’s crazy…Facebook asks me to promote each post I make (with my own money) and they tell me how far my audience ‘reach’ would be for each post based on the dollar amount I spend. Now…I heart all of my Facebook followers, really I do, but I simply cannot (will not!) pay to advertise all of my posts.
- That’s nuts! I mean, it’s smart on their part (that Mark Zuckerberg, he’s one smart cookie)…
- Soooo, from what I’ve recently learned if you like the types of posts you see from me on my blog and what you do see from me on my Facebook page, please interact (liking, sharing, &/or commenting) so you will see more of my posts in your newfeeds. Of course, you can always go straight to my Facebook page and look around, too.
- If you are interested in how Facebook works behind the scenes (it really is quite fascinating), here are two links to peruse…
Okay…now for Take Time Thursday!
- I posted about these lovely breakfast cookies on my Facebook page, but you may not have seen it (it may have fallen outside of that 15%). Hehe. This recipe comes from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie. I made them this morning and they were perfect! WIth each bite my toddler said, “Ummmmm…” with a huge smile. These are incredibly easy to make, very healthy, and super yummy. You have got to give these Soaked Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies a try!
- You know what I love about flank steak? It’s very tasty and versatile, all while being pretty darn affordable, too. I’m always thinking about and looking for new ways to prepare it. I found an easy recipe from Soundness of Mind and Body that I cannot wait to try. Her flank steak and veggies recipe calls for rubbed sage. I just bought a jar of organic rubbed sage for half price at my local health food store (and will hopefully have a lot more from my herb garden this summer), so I cannot wait to create this yummy, healthy recipe.
Body & Soul
- Although I often search for posts like this to read, I don’t often share them with all of you. Reading this post really moved me…moved my soul. Reading this post brought to mind some fantastic memories from my own childhood. I have been following the blog And Here We Are… for quite some time now. The blog is written by Ariana, an American living in England with her adorable little family. This post, The Long Walk, is all about, well, just that! Here is a brief snippet from the post “…one of the single best predictors of how a person will weather life’s challenges is whether or not family narratives are part of that person’s life– stories about great moments, as well as challenges, and how those hardships were overcome.” This post is a must read, not only for the brilliant content, but also for the stunning pictures from her long walk.
Home & Simply Being Green
- You know that I’m all about DIY projects and I know that many of you are, too. I found a super sweet DIY project that I just can’t wait to try. It seems pretty easy and provides a lot in return…homemade light! Weed ‘Em & Reap has provided a tutorial for a project like no other I’ve seen before…mason jar solar lamps! You have got to check out these gorgeous lights; you’ll want to make them, too.
I hope that you’ll visit some of these awesome bloggers’ sites and take a peek.
They are all doing some really great things to support *real* health and green-living lifestyles.
Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy