Last Updated on
It’s that time of the week…Take Time Thursday!
I think it’s important to take time to give thanks and show appreciation for fellow bloggers who have made an impact on me, and take time to share awesome knowledge with all of you. So, below are a few of my favorite posts from the past week. Enjoy!
Before we jump into my favorite blog posts from the week, I have a two housekeeping things to relate…
- Are you on Twitter &/or Instagram? I am and I’d LOVE to have you follow me there! I very, very rarely regurgitate the same things on Twitter and Instragram as I do on Facebook. In fact, I use all three totally differently. Twitter is where I spout random thoughts (and a few random pictures). For example, I recently shared a major flop I ‘created’ in the kitchen. Come over to Twitter and laugh at (and with) me! As for Instagram, along with other fun, *real* lifestyle things I see around town, I post pictures from my own scratch kitchen and home there. Won’t you join the fun?
- Twitter– @ScratchMommy
- Instagram– scratchmommy
Pronounce Skincare Solutions
- My Scratch Mommy *real* Skincare Line has completely taken off and is moving right along…at a rapid pace! I want to sincerely thank all of you for your awesome support. Last weekend I ran a special of 10% a few select butters (it was posted on Facebook). Well, I had a massive batch of those particular products on hand and wouldn’t you know…they completely sold out (and I had to make more). Woo Who! I am grateful and humbled by the awesome reviews and testimonials I have coming in. Again, thank you.
**In the next week or two I will have quite a few new items in my shop. Keep a look out!**
Okay…now for Take Time Thursday!
- Your apples are a year old. Whaaaat!? Yeah, pretty disturbing, huh? This super informative post from Food Renegade has me rethinking when I will choose to make my next batch of my Healthy Crock Pot Applesauce (and rethinking just how much, as I’ll be freezing in massive batches). If you eat apples, you must read this great blog post.
- This one deserves a picture (click the picture for the recipe). Beautiful, huh!?? Looks so easy (& incredibly nourishing), to boot! I haven’t made these Basil Parmesan Dutch Babies (with sun-dried tomatoes) yet, but they are on my weekend menu. Looks like a homerun to me. Thank you, Our Nourishing Roots!
- I’ve been asked a few times to share my recipe for homemade, healthy bug repellants. It’s been on my to-do list for a while, but now I don’t have to! Elizabeth at The Nourished Life shares pretty much exactly what I do. Need a refresher for carrier oils (which are needed for what I think is her most successful recipe)? Go back to this post I wrote a while back (updated with links so you can purchase one of the required carrier oils). Check out Elizabeth’s recipes here.
Home, Garden, & Being Green
- I debated with myself on where I should put this post…”Food” or “Home, Garden, & Being Green.” Well, you see where it ended up, and that’s for a reason. Homemade Mommy has written a succinct, easy-to-follow guide for working moms so they, too, can learn how easy it is to make a few changes and be able to provide *real* food for their families. This post explains food and how to efficiently use it to create handcrafted, healthy, (& even slightly ‘green’) meals.
Now, you probably know that I am a SAHM (with a blog and skincare business to run), but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t find some great takeaways from this post. Really…anyone with a family to feed (working or not, but especially working) will find some awesome ideas and inspiration from this blog post.
I hope that you’ll visit some of these awesome bloggers’ sites and take a peek. They are all doing some really great things to support *real* health and green-living lifestyles. Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy