Last Updated on
I am participating in a fantabulous series this month called, “31 Days of Homemade Halloween.” I’ve partnered with five super-de-duper blogging buddies, now turned friends. We are sharing one treat for you everyday this month to celebrate Halloween-ish and fall-ish fun.
My latest treat in this fun series…?
This ice cream recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar free. Besides that, it’s pretty nourishing, to boot. It takes just a couple of minutes to mix together and then you let your ice cream maker do the rest…it really couldn’t be more easy.
Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 can organic, full fat coconut milk (like THIS)
- 1/2 C pureed pumpkin (fresh or canned, like THIS)
- 1/4 C coconut sugar (like THIS)
- 1 t cinnamon (like THIS)
- 1/8 t ginger (like THIS)
- Small sprinkle of nutmeg (I shave off and use fresh like THIS, but THIS will work, too)
- 1/4 t sea salt (like THIS)
- Seriously…so easy, friends!
- Mix everything together in a bowl, but add the nutmeg last. Nutmeg is a pretty potent spice, so add just a pinch to start, do a taste test, and add more, if needed.
- …personally, I like a little extra nutmeg in this recipe. You get a nice ZING from the nutmeg and I think it really ‘makes’ the ice cream…but, that is up to you.
- Pour mix into your ice cream maker and follow your manufacturer’s directions.
- Eat and store the rest in the freezer. It gets pretty hard in the freezer, so remember to sit it out about 20-30 minutes before the next time you want some.
- This makes a small batch (because I have THIS small ice cream maker, which works just fine for me), so increase the amount if you have a big ice cream maker.
And there you have it…a nourishing, tasty treat to get you ready for fall and Halloween. You’re welcome. 🙂
Be sure to follow our shared Pinterest Board, where we are pinning every Halloween post from our series.
Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy