I’ve been whipping these cookies up for a while now and I’ve been eating ice cream I’m sure
for most of my life.
That said, it wasn’t until just recently that I realized that these cookies and a side of ice cream (I prefer plain old vanilla bean coconut ice cream) are an absolutely perfect match.
I don’t need to say much else about these lovely soft cookies. Once you see the healthy, *real* ingredient list and easy method to make them, I’ll be that you will want to get right into the kitchen. 😉
|Healthy Ice Cream Cookies!
- 1 C organic quinoa flour (like this)
- 1 t baking powder (buy aluminum- & corn-free here)
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t sea salt (or salt like this)
- 1/2 t cinnamon (like this)
- 3 T grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 C coconut sugar (like this)
- 1 farm fresh egg
- 1 C whole fat yogurt (grass-fed, if you can get it)
- 3 C organic rolled oats (like this)
- 3/4 C add-ins (today I used raspberries and blueberries, but you can use chocolate or peanut butter chips, nuts, shredded coconut, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add softened butter and coconut sugar together in your stand mixer to fully combine (or just really put some elbow grease into it).
- While the butter and coconut sugar combine, thoroughly mix quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground sea salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg and yogurt into the mixer with the butter and sugar.
- Slowly add to your mixer the flour and then the oats.
- Turn off mixer and fold in your add-ins (get creative with these, as this cookie is a great base for a lot of things).
- Spoon cookies onto cookie sheet (covered with parchment paper or a baking mat) about a tablespoon at a time. You’ll need two cookie sheets, or just do two batches.
- Bake for approximate 13-16 minutes. They are done with they are brown a little on the edges and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the thickest cookie.
- Place on cooling rack for a few minutes (and gobble one up while it’s hot). Once cool, I like to put them in the fridge and then eat them in a bowl with ice cream. Oh.So.Yummy.
- Store in an airtight bag in the fridge.
…and there you have it – Ice Cream Cookies! They will make everything “right” in your world.
What is your favorite “make everything right in the world” (healthy!) dessert?
Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy
This post was shared at- *Mostly* Homemade Mondays.