Last Updated on
We’ve all had those moments; The days when it seems like nothing goes right.
- You sleep through your alarm and start the day in a rush.
- You can only find left socks, of course no right ones, while getting the kids ready for school.
- The toddler throws his oatmeal on your last clean shirt.
- You go to do laundry only to find that the last bottle of your laundry detergent is empty.
It’s easy to fill in the blank here depending on your day to day life. There are just some days you want to crawl back in bed by noon and start over again.
Feeling stressed and overwhelmed?
Being a mom can be stressful because we’re the jack of all trades in the family. We’re the ones wiping runny noses and soothing fevers, while trying to manage the housework, and sometimes working a part time (or full time job).
Even if you’re not at the mothering stage of life yet, expectations from work, school, and home can become overwhelming sometimes.
That’s when it’s time to stop and smell the roses.
Lately, I’ve realized that I’ve been allowing the obligations in my life to consume me. The stress of trying to be everything for everybody isn’t worth it!
I decided it was time to have a conversation with myself and reassess my priorities. I wanted to pursue my passions and let go of things that really didn’t matter. Maybe for you it’s finally quitting that job you hate, starting your own blog, or pursuing a relationship with someone.
We all have stress in our lives, some of us just handle it a little differently than others. When those situations arise, take a step back and breath deeply.
Better yet, breathe deeply from an essential oil blend that relieves stress, relaxes your soul, and calms nerves.
I love essential oils for so many reasons! I use them in many of my favorite DIY products, like this 1 minute clear skin toner, or this hibiscus blush. I’ll diffuse them, and generally use them multiple times a day. One of the most traditional ways to use them though is by smelling them. Floral and citrus oils especially have a calming and uplifting effect when inhaled.
It can be a little clunky though to carry around a bunch of essential oil bottles with you all the time. And unless you have a quality travel case for them, they can easily become broken in your purse or bag.
A personal diffuser is the perfect way to have a favorite blend on hand at all times. Just pull it out and inhale the fresh aroma whenever you need a little pick me up.
I got a personal inhaler from Rivertree Life and I love the stylish purple case! And it really couldn’t be any easier to make essential oils blends and use them in your inhaler. I *love* my Rivertree Life purple EO inhaler, but if you’re not a fan of purple, there are lots of other great color options, too.
What to Put in Your Inhaler – Stress Relief & Calming Essential Oils
There are so many options available, but here are some great oils for stress relief and calming.
- Bergamot – Calming and uplifting; typically used for emotional, physical, and mental stress.
- Lemon – Antidepressant properties; invigorating and refreshing; typically used for anxiety, depression, concentration, exhaustion, grief, and stress.
- Juniper berry – Promotes emotional balance.
- Lavender – Antidepressant, sedative; typically used for anxiety, agitation, calming, concentration, depression, exhaustion, grief, insomnia, stress, and insomnia
- Geranium – Antidepressant, refreshing, relaxing; typically used for agitation and stress.
- Ylang Ylang – Anxiety, depression and insomnia; typically used for calming, exhaustion and relaxation.
- Frankincense – Antidepressant, sedative; typically used for confusion and mental fatigue.
You could just put a single oil in your inhaler, but being a Scratch Mommy you know I’m going to give you a great stress relief blend recipe! Better yet, here’s two.
To use these blends in a Rivertree Life personal inhaler: place the wick in the glass vial and drip the oils onto it. Rivertree gives detailed instructions for use on their website, too. The recipes below can be doubled, tripled, etc. as needed.
This blend smells like spring to me. It’s light, floral and very uplifting.
This blend has an Earthier scent to it and is very grounding. The bergamot and frankincense are especially good for brain power.
- 4 drops bergamot essential oil
- 4 drops juniper berry essential oil
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil
Get an exclusive Scratch Mommy Coupon Code below AND enter to WIN your very own Rivertree Life EO Inhaler & EO Roller Bottle!!!
Enter to win your very own Rivertree Life essential oil inhaler AND essential oil roller (value up to $50).
Two winners will be selected, so…toss your name into the hat below!
This post is sponsored by Rivertree Life, however, the opinions and photos are our own. Authenticity is of the highest importance to Scratch Mommy, so we would never promote any brand or product that we wholeheartedly don’t believe in or wouldn’t use ourselves.