It is that time of year. The time of the year when the sweet smell enters the air. You want to lick it. Yes, you CAN lick it! It is the tasty time of year for…
Honeysuckle grew wild where I was born and raised in southern Indiana (and where I now live again). It was a tasty treat for my neighbor friends and me. We loved to pull the center of the flower through and suck up the yummy nectar. It was only a small amount, but it was yummy.
Ya know…now that I’m older, I’ve heard that you can make honeysuckle wine. Hmmm…maybe I should try!
Here are a few things I found online using honeysuckle…
- A simple honeysuckle syrup
- A lovely honeysuckle sorbet
- I can’t wait to make this one – honeysuckle jelly
- These are gorgeous – honeysuckle and jasmine cupcakes (gluten-free!)
- Honeysuckle mint lemonade (yum!)
- And finally…honeysuckle wine
A little off topic, but still pretty neat…I also found this whimsical honeysuckle hummingbird feeder on Amazon:
Have YOU ever eaten honeysuckle? What else have YOU done with honeysuckle?? I’d love to know.
Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy