Last Updated on
This DIY Multi-Purpose Floor and Glass Cleaner is much more than a brilliant solution to disinfected floors and sparkling windows.
For me, this cleaner represents a major milestone in my life!
“Did she just say that her floor cleaner represents a major milestone in her life?” Yup, I did! I remember the day clearly….
I was pregnant with my daughter, and washing my floors with a commercial floor cleaner that was purple, reeked of artificial fragrance, and was giving me a splitting headache. At that moment it hit me…
Breathing in this toxic, cleaner CANNOT be good for my baby…or me!
I immediately put down my mop, picked up the computer, and started researching homemade, eco-friendly, non-toxic cleaning alternatives. I was shocked to find that I had all of the ingredients for homemade floor cleaner, right in my home! Best of all, inhaling it wasn’t going to make us (me + baby) sick!
After I made that cleaner, I was hooked; my #LifeFromScratch began.
Over the next several months, I was a mom on a mission! I safely disposed of all of my chemical cleaning products (17 to be exact), replacing them with three simple, eco-friendy cleaners, pillaged my pantry of any processed food and preservatives, and replaced my beauty products with non-toxic, DIY alternatives. Everything from toothpaste to ketchup to facial cleanser has since then been made by modern hippie moi, and I’ve never looked back!
And guess what? Living a #LifeFromScratch is not only incredibly rewarding and healthy for you and your family, the environment and your bank account also reap the benefits! Win-win-win.
Although I’ve since tweaked the original floor and glass cleaner recipe to better suite my preferences, I still use this DIY Multi-Purpose Spray-Mop and Glass Cleaner on a daily basis and STILL love it!
You CAN have a homemade, eco-friendly and non-toxic cleaner that works!
Here’s how to make your own non-toxic and eco-friendly Multi-Purpose Floor & Glass Cleaner:
- White Vinegar
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Distilled Water
- ¼ tsp Castile Soap (per Liter) - Resist the urge to add more! (this unscented castile soap is our favorite)
- 10-20 Drops of Pure Essential Oils - Used for fragrance and their disinfectant properties (I like to use either lemon, grapefruit, tea tree, lavender and rosemary, and sometimes a combo of 2 or 3... Find wild, sustainable and pure essential oils here)
- Empty spray bottle of any size (here's a great amber glass sprayer)
- Fill the bottle up with equal parts Water, Vinegar, and Rubbing Alcohol.
- Add castile soap and your choice of essential oil.
- And. That's. It!
Use this DIY Multi-Purpose Floor & Glass Cleaner…
- In your spray-mop, to use on tile, vinyl, laminate and hardwood flooring
- For cleaning windows, glass and mirrors
- To disinfect kitchen counter-tops
- In your bathroom to make your mirror and taps sparkle, and disinfect your toilet and sink
- To wipe the sticky finger prints off of your TV (spray on cloth first, not directly on TV)