Last Updated on
If you’re a parent and you have an iPhone, you’re probably like me and have thousands of photos and video snippets of your kids on your camera roll.
Technology is a wonderful thing because it makes it easy to capture memories that we’ll treasure forever. It makes it so easy that I have 20 variations of the same photo of my kids taking their first steps, eating their first bites of solid food, touching their bare feet to the grass for the first time, and so on! Although I love this, I’ve always had it in the back of my mind that it would be great to use my phone to make professional quality, streamlined movies to send to friends and relatives.
Hooray for the OneDay App!
This app is great because it allows you to make quick video clips using the fun story sets it provides, and then it collages the clips into one professional quality movie with music, in a matter of seconds. It’s so easy! Once you upload your completed movie to the app it creates a link that you can share. I love the option of sending a link because sending actual files is cumbersome.
Here’s my favorite movie that I’ve made of my girls so far. Even though they’re only 2 and 4, the questions really got them chatting and loving being recorded!
How the App Works
OneDay helps you create a story with your children by providing a wide selection of story sets within the app.
- Each story topic contains a set of questions that you ask your kids which helps bring out their personalities and spontaneous moments for your movie.
- Pick a question and ask it to them, then record their answer.
- Once you have all of the answers to the questions you chose recorded, tap the button to make the movie collage and the app creates it in seconds.
- The video clips transition with each question showing in between, along with music in the background.
- Tap the share button and the app creates a link to your movie.
This app is wonderful to use with kids, but it can also be used to highlight a variety of different memories, such as conversations with grandparents, weddings, and birth stories.
Learn more about the OneDay app here, including how organize your videos, the easy backup methods, how to share socially, and more.
Use this link to download the OneDay app for free, and enjoy creating your stories…one day at a time!
Enter to Win a $250 Gift Card to Target!
OneDay App is hosting a giveaway to one lucky winner to win a $250 gift card to Target. This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec).
Entering is easy, just fill out the Rafflecopter widget below! Good luck. 🙂