Last Updated on
As much as I LOVE them…DIYs are hard.
There are many others out there like you and me…those who want to rid their homes and bodies of nasty, horrific, completely unnecessary chemicals. So, that is why I create all of these DIYs and share them with you.
That said, for every five people who love my DIY recipes, there seems to be one nay-sayer. Yes, of course, that is okay. We all like & require different things. I mean, it is like going to the store to try something new; you just don’t know if you will like it until you actually try it.
With a recent DIY, I have had many requests for pictures, proof, and a desire to actually ‘see it’.
I have had A LOT of comments and questions re: my Smooth Finish DIY Foundation With Sunscreen recipe.
Does homemade DIY foundation really work?
I tried this foundation and it was less coverage than I anticipated.
Those have been the two most common things I’ve heard.
So, I decided to really put myself out there and simply show you exactly how the foundation works.
First, a couple of things to clarify…
- As I mention in the original post…this is a LIGHT coverage foundation. If you are looking for a full coverage, pancake type of foundation…this is NOT it. This will even your skin tone and create an amazing base for the healthy powder of your choice (I make my own DIY Facial Powder), which will ‘set’ and ‘finish’ your new foundation wonderfully.
- Yes, this is VERY healthy for your skin. I mean, what could be more healthy than organic, natural, unrefined ingredients that people use on their bodies everyday. In fact, I no longer use a moisturizer on the days that I wear this foundation, as it does double duty beautifully. That said, we all have different needs for our skin. As with any product you try (from the store or one you create in your own home), you simply have to try it before you know for sure.
- Side note: Keep your eyes peeled on the blog for my DIY Nourishing Facial Moisturizer…coming soon!!!
- So, say you try this and it doesn’t work for you. Well…at least you now have on hand ingredients that have MULTIPLE uses. If you ask me that is #winning.
- I am applying the MEDIUM shade in these pictures.
Want to see just how this foundation works?
Below are pictures of me in all of my not-so-glorious makeup-less-ness for the world to see (…please, be kind).
Follow along in the pictures below to see before and after pictures, as well as side-by-side pictures.
- Other than a little bit of homemade eyeliner and mascara, I have nothing else on my face in these pictures.
- Also, I did absolutely NO editing to these pictures, at all. NONE!
- Please, feel free to click each picture to make it larger.
DIY Smooth Finish Foundation Application
Inside Photos With Foundation Only On The Right Side Of My Face
Outside Photos In Natural Light With Foundation Only On The Right Side Of My Face
Powder Application Over Foundation (my right side)
DIY Foundation & Powder Applications Complete!
And there you have it, my friends.
I hope that this helps you to see what the foundation looks like when applied. It offers wonderful, healthy, nourishing light coverage to help smooth your complexion and improve your skin tone.
Yes, WITH sunscreen, too!
Oh, did you miss the recipe!??
Rather Me Make It For You?
No problem. Pick up light, medium, or dark HERE in the Pronounce Skincare Shop! Just click the picture below to take a look…
HERE is the DIY Organic Facial Powder Recipe!
Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy