It’s that time of the week…Take Time Thursday!
I think it’s important to take time to give thanks and show appreciation for fellow bloggers who have made an impact on me, and take time to share awesome knowledge with all of you. So, below are a few of my favorite posts from the past week. Enjoy!
Before we jump into my favorite blog posts from the week, here are a few Scratch Mommy updates…
Scratch Mommy Giveaway
- The first winner as selected by Rafflecopter did not get back to me within 48 hours. Sooooooo…congratulations go to Pat J. for winning my recent giveaway and thanks to all who entered! Pat– I sent you an email and you have 48 hours to get back to me!
- I am quickly approaching 1,000 Facebook “likes,” so it looks like another giveaway will be coming soon.
- I am pleased to announce that I have finally perfected the recipe for Scratch Mommy Lip Lotions. Woo Who! I hope to have these up for sale in my online shop by the end of this weekend. I will certainly keep you posted.
- Make sure that you have signed up to receive new Scratch Mommy blog posts via email, as those who do will receive first notice when my lip lotions are up and running on the site (annnnnnd there will be a promotion deal announced to these subscribers to celebrate my newest skincare shop addition). You can sign up at my blog. 🙂
Okay…now for Take Time Thursday!
- If you aren’t following Scratch Mommy on Facebook you missed a recent post I shared by a fellow blogging friend. I was so excited to try it, but since it calls for a 1/2 C of coconut oil, I had to wait until my replacement bucket arrived (I was ridiculously low). My 5 lb bucket did arrive, and I did make her recipe, and it is TOTALLY AMAZING! Our Small Hours has created something very special here. My entire family loves this *real* food Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge. CLICK THE PICTURE FOR THE RECIPE.
**BTW- if you DON’T follow Scratch Mommy on Facebook…well, you should. 😉
- I sincerely hope that I have so many fresh, organic, delicious herbs from my gardens this summer that I won’t know what to do with them. Well, actually…I do know what to do with them so they won’t go bad (besides supplying my parents, friends, and wonderful neighbors). Grass Fed Girl writes about the ridiculously easy way to preserve fresh herbs and all of their innate goodness in this post.
- Did you see my recent post about Blessed or Holy Thistle? If you are looking for a versatile, beautiful addition to your gardens this summer, you should check out my recent post. These herbaceous plants are not only pretty, but they are one of the most useful to have in your ‘medicine’ cabinet.
- Robin at Thank Your Body has done it again. I *heart* her for all of her amazing DIY tips. Looking for a homemade shampoo (and the No ‘Poo method hasn’t worked for you, either)? Well…this. This is very likely your answer for an amazing homemade shampoo.
Home & Simply Being Green
- Who likes cleaning the toilets? *I hear crickets.* Besides the obvious, there is one more reason I dread it…I always wonder what in the world is in that nasty blue, stinky stuff. It can’t be good for us or the environment, right? Thankfully, We Like Making Stuff has created a homemade, *real* toilet bowl cleaner that she swears works well (and she has two boys). Hooray!
I hope that you’ll visit some of these awesome bloggers’ sites and take a peek. They are all doing some really great things to support *real* health and green-living lifestyles. Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy
Thanks for the link love! 🙂