It’s that time of the week…Take Time Thursday!
I think it’s important to take time to give thanks and show appreciation for fellow bloggers who have made an impact on me, and take time to share awesome knowledge with all of you. So, below are a few of my favorite posts from the past week. Enjoy!
- And there it was. It was as clear and as plain as day, printed right there in black & white – 5 Reasons To Avoid Almond Flour. Nooooooooo!!! I have grown to really love almond flour in my baking endeavors and cannot image completely crossing it off of my (shrinking) list of a-okay foods. Well, do I have to? Find out by reading Empowered Sustenance‘s excellent, eye-opening post.
- Ghee! Oh, did she mean Gee?? Nope, I mean GHEE! Huh!?? Yeah, I was pretty confused the first time I heard someone talk about ghee, too. But…now I am in LOVE with ghee! It’s become apparent that my son and I have a few troubles with dairy (even low-pasteurized, non-homogenized, grass-fed, organic dairy). So, the next best thing for us (other than raw milk, which we are working on) is making ghee from organic grass-fed butter. So yummy and healthy for you. Learn all about ghee in this guest post from Real Food Suomi (on Homemade Mommy‘s blog). You can make it, too!
- And Here We Are has written an excellent piece about how her family buys food without going to the Supermarket. Now, she is living in England and things are a bit different there than they are where I am in the United States; however, she brings some excellent points to light from which we can all learn. For example, I do LOVE my local health food store. That said, they are just too expensive for my family’s budget on some items crucial to my fridge and pantry (and some items they just don’t have). For those things, I order online, usually from Amazon or Tropical Traditions. Learn how you can get your shopping done and avoid the supermarket!
- Do you suffer from springtime allergies? Asthma? Ugh…as much as I love spring and everything coming back to life, I loathe the accompanying allergies. Holistic Squid writes a comprehensive piece about safe and natural options you have for keeping springtime allergies at bay.
- A watermelon-yogurt facial!?? Yes, please! Thank you, Our Nourishing Roots, for sharing this recipe for a relaxing, hydrating, healthy day at the (home) spa.
- Are you a *real* food foodie ALL of the time? Truth? I am not. I still have my downfalls, for sure! Get me near a Skor candybar and…It.Is.MINE. Beer? Yup, I still love it (even though my body may not). Have you heard of the 80/20 rule? I am so glad that Mama & Baby Love wrote this post and brought the rule to my family’s attention. I feel better now…I’d say that 80/20 is a pretty good estimate of where I currently am, and I am a-okay with that.
Home, Garden, & Being Green
- Do you plan to have a garden this summer? It doesn’t matter how small or big it is…just a garden! In this post, Our Heritage of Health gives you 7 excellent reasons why YOU should have a garden this summer.
- Are you green? Like, how green? Could you be greener!?? Are you a second-hand clothing store kind of gal or guy? Meghan at Whole Natural Life writes a very informative post about why you should be a second-hand clothes wearer. Love it!
I hope that you’ll visit some of these awesome bloggers’ sites and take a peek. They are all doing some really great things to support *real* health and green-living lifestyles. Until next time…
Jess, aka Scratch Mommy